First thing first, if you have never had a Sports Massage before, read this Sports Massage 4Ws quick read to get a rough idea of the sports massage.
Whether you are a professional golfer or a golf enthusiast, including regular sports massage therapy as part of your training program can help prevent injuries, relieve pains caused by repetitive golf swings, and therefore enhance overall performance.
Benefits of Sports Massage Therapy:
- Address common golf injuries, including but not limited to the followings
- Back pain, knee pain, shoulder’s pain
- Tennis elbow/Golfer’s elbow
- Trigger finger
- Increase circulation to remove muscular metabolic waste
- Reduce muscle spasms
- Address muscle adhesions
- Improve range of motions and overall flexibility
- Increase release of endorphins thus decrease anxiety and stress
During the massage, the therapist generally focuses on a few specific areas that are causing the pain. For instance, low back pain may be a result of spinal muscle strains and sprains, in which will become the target of the treatment.